Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. ~Eph. 5:1, 2

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Are you Busy, Busy, Busy?

Do you ever find that life is rushing you by? Quite often when I ask someone how they are doing the word busy flies out of their mouth. "Oh, we're so busy" or "I don't have anytime for anything these days, life is moving too fast. I guess I'm just too busy." Sound familiar? Do you find it hard to get together with friends, have a date night with your husband, sit and read a book to your children, or even for your own pleasure? Believe me, I am just as guilty!

I took a picture out my front door this morning to capture the beautiful fall colors. The season comes and goes so quickly, and often when I am so busy with life I forget to stop and appreciate the change. I also forget to stop and thank God for creating such beauty for us to enjoy.


Setting boundaries and placing priorities are vital but not always easy to do when so many things in life are vying for our attention. I remember several years ago talking to an older friend of mine on how she fit in quiet times with the Lord when her kids were young and always interrupting. She told me she took her Bible in when she took a bath. The door was locked and the kids were not allowed to come in. She had her time alone with God. She knew she had to be creative or the busyness and chaos of the day would rule her time. I would like to challenge you to not only be creative with your time, but protective. It might be time to go on a purge. Look at your day and purge unnecessary events that rob your time from your family, your friends, and most important, God.


Think about the fact that as busy as Jesus was with his ministry and people pressing in all around just to touch His garments, he still found time to get away to be with the Father. He made it a priority and knew how important it was. Jesus tells us to come to him, all that are weary and heavy laden and he will give us rest. In order to find rest we need to find time come to him.

1 comment:

  1. If you want a certain look with a new roof, for instance by installing a metal roof or getting some turrets, you have to talk with the roofer to see if they have experience with those things. play bazaar

    play bazaar

    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete